Settlement Accounting works with counties and CDHS program staff to record and report expenditure activity as it relates to the county allocations.
- More information
Settlement Accounting works with counties and CDHS program staff to record and report expenditure activity as it relates to the county allocations. The Settlement Accounting staff process monthly expenditures reported by CDHS sub-systems (Trails, CBMS, CHATS, ACSES and Salesforce(LEAP)) and administrative items entered by the counties to the County Financial Management System (CFMS) to the state's financial system CORE. The Allocation Tracker workbook is sent out every month after close to give updates on the counties expenditure activity related to their allocations for each program. Annually Settlement Accounting works with program staff to identify the close out process for each allocation in the event expenditures are more than the allocation that have to be mitigated.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings and financial resources
- Financial Officers Group (FOG) — Meets every third Friday except Conference month and December
- Provide Monthly Settlement Allocation Tracker Reports for County Administration, Adult Protective Services, Child Care, Colorado Works, Child Welfare, Employment First, LEAP, and various other allocated grants
- Provide final annual allocation close out reports for County Administration, Adult Protective Services, Child Care, Colorado Works, Child Welfare, and Employment First and LEAP
CDHS's Legislative Affairs office develops the agency's legislative agenda in coordination with the executive director, deputy executive directors and executive management team. The office coordinates relationships with the legislative branch, community stakeholders and Colorado's counties.
- Current legislation
- Create a state Behavioral Health Administration
- Transition age foster youth services
- Recognition of foster homes certified by federally recognized tribes
- Expand behavioral health transition specialist program
- Colorado Children's Trust Fund Board updates
- Adjust market rate study frequency
- Public assistance burials technical change
- Early Intervention evaluation responsibility changes
- Modify child welfare provider rate requirements
Read a summary of these legislative goals.
General Assembly/Legislative Updates:
The Audit Division at CDHS is a group of professionals responsible for internal audit functions dealing with risk management, regulatory compliance, performance analysis, fraud and county support.
- More information
- Adam Blach, Audit director, email@example.com
- Ruthanne Dyson, Compliance Audit Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patrick Wheat, Pandemic Audit Manager, email@example.com
- Junko Billheimer, compliance auditor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dawn Olson, compliance Auditor, email@example.com
- Ian Kilpatrick, compliance auditor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alec Gildner, compliance auditor, email@example.com
- Alisa Darrow, pandemic audit lead, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shelly Hays, pandemic auditor, email@example.com
- Jerica Rainey, pandemic auditor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Goldstein, fraud investigator, email@example.com
- Shane Rodgers, fraud investigator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Farlow, CDEC fraud investigator, email@example.com
- Richard Dyer, Data Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dora Grace, program assistant, email@example.com
Got an audit tip? Drop us a line:
- Office of State Auditor
- Federal Audit Clearinghouse
- U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- GAO Yellow Book
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- U.S.Department of Health & Human Services
- Human Services State Statutes and Rules
CDHS is committed to discovering and addressing fraud, waste and abuse. CDHS’s jurisdiction encompasses inappropriate activity by internal employees, contractors and grant recipients, which may include counties as well as private businesses and non-profit entities. Learn more on the Report fraud to Colorado Department of Human Services page.