CDHS's Legislative Affairs office develops the agency's legislative agenda in coordination with the executive director, deputy executive directors and executive management team. The office coordinates relationships with the legislative branch, community stakeholders and Colorado's counties.
Summaries of CDHS priority legislation
2019 General Assembly
- Competency Restoration Package (SB19-222 and SB19-223) — Passed
- Child Welfare Permanency Planning (HB19-1219) — Passed
- Aligning ICWA Requirements (HB19-1232) — Passed
- Child Welfare Prevention and Intervention Funding (SB19-258) — Passed
- Child Support Commission Recommendations (HB19-1215) — Passed
- Time Requirements for Food Stamp Appeals (SB19-245) — Passed
- Juvenile Record Expungements (HB19-1335) — Passed
- Early Childhood Background Checks (SB19-177) — Passed
- Foster Care Prevention Services (HB19-1308) — Passed
- Read legislative reports from CDHS
There currently no legislative reports to display. Reports will be added to this section as they become available.