ReHire Colorado is a transitional employment program that is administered by Colorado Department of Human Services. The goal of ReHire Colorado is to help individuals with barriers to employment re-enter the workforce by combining wage-paid work, job skills training and supportive services.
How ReHire Colorado benefits participants
ReHire Colorado combines wage-paying work, job skills training and supportive services to help individuals successfully re-enter the workforce and Colorado businesses connect with high-quality talent. Our mission is to serve as a bridge between local job-seekers and businesses by supporting a skilled workforce that meets the needs of businesses and strengthens the local economy.Benefits for participants
As a ReHire participant, you will:
- Receive paid, on-the-job training and support while working to overcome any barriers to employment you've been facing
- During the transitional employment program, you'll earn competitive wages and other incentives to help bring stability to your day-to-day life
- Gain marketable skills working in diverse and in-demand industries
- Learn about current job opening and secure permanent job placement while continuing to receive ongoing support
- Be a part of stimulating the local economies by improving the economic health of Colorado
- Assessment: Meet with a ReHire Colorado local area contractor to complete an initial assessment with a case manager. You will be asked to provide your work history and complete a self-assessment. (ReHire applicants are randomly selected for the program. This random selection process is part of an independent study to learn how the program is doing in helping job-seekers throughout Colorado)
- Transitional Employment: Partner with case manager to complete career assessment, identify supportive service needs, set goals and earn a wage through a transitional job
- Permanent Employment: Connect with employers through interviews, career events and professional networking with support from a case manager
All participants must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Lawfully present and eligible to work in the United States
- Colorado residents
- At least 18 years old
- Not incarcerated or otherwise unavailable for work
- Family income below 150% of the federal poverty level, as adjusted for family size
- Unemployed, or employed for no more than 20 hours per week, for at least four consecutive weeks
- Demonstration of active job search through the public workforce system
- ReHire Colorado service providers
The ReHire Colorado program is strengthened by a network of community organizations, county workforce centers, and employer partners that collaborate to eliminate barriers and connect participants to wage-paying work. ReHire Colorado promotes self-sufficiency through a host of job readiness services that include:
- Job search assistance
- Resume writing
- Vocational training
- Paid work experience
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Pueblo empowers individuals and families through education and advocacy. Reducing poverty is central to Catholic Charities' mission, and in partnership with ReHire Colorado, the Diocese is able to help unemployed and underemployed individuals find and maintain meaningful employment. Catholic Charities provides coaching and supportive services, and partners with businesses in the community to help veterans, people 50 years and older, and non-custodial parents attain employment through transitional jobs and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Service area: Pueblo, Fremont, Las Animas and Huerfano counties
- Contact: Pamela Barola at firstname.lastname@example.org
Goodwill of Colorado is dedicated to breaking the financial, physical, intellectual and social barriers that keep individuals from leading independent and purpose-filled lives. Goodwill of Colorado accomplishes this mission through over 20 diverse and innovative employment and life skills programs that foster confidence and opportunity for tens of thousands of individuals each year. The ReHire Colorado program is administered by Goodwill of Colorado's Career Development Center in collaboration with CDHS. Goodwill of Colorado's highly trained job developers and employment specialists are dedicated to matching participants' interests and abilities with compatible work sites, where they will receive hands-on training and assessments to help ensure a smooth and successful transition.
ReHire participants may also have the opportunity to earn an industry-recognized, micro-credential certification in a leading workforce industry. You can earn professional certification as a retail worker, Smith System driver, construction flagger, hospitality staff, caregiver or forklift operator. Training is conducted both online and in-class settings weekly, and participants’ total time commitment is 20 hours or less.
- Service area: El Paso, Teller, Douglas, Jefferson, Denver, Arapahoe, Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, Larimer and Weld counties
- Contact: Jennifer Bailey at GWRehire@discovermygoodwill.org
CrossPurpose demonstrates an innovative programmatic design that effectively addresses families' unique barriers to obtaining and sustaining employment. CrossPurpose has a statewide reach to meet the needs of underemployment and unemployed Coloradans, a person-centric holistic approach, and serving underserved populations. CrossPurpose's program is accessible and flexible for participants statewide through their online programming option. CrossPurpose ReHire program is dedicated to long-term success in career development and assists participants in seamlessly transitioning to the next step in their career journey.
- Service area: Adams, Denver, Arapahoe, Weld, Morgan, Washington, Teller, Delta, Mesa, Eagle, Garfield, Gunnison, Boulder, Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Lincoln, Park, Elbert, Baca, Yuma, Douglas and Las Animas counties
- Contact: email@example.com
The Center for the Development of Economic Equity (ESquared) provides transitional job training and support for residents of the Denver Metropolitan area. ESquared is dedicated to providing resources, support, and training to help individuals transform their lives from entry-level, lower-wage jobs to equitable and sustainable careers. ESquared provides services for their participants, including career and life coaching, development of job skills, and support for employment attainment and career retention. The goal of ESquared is to serve the underserved and under-resourced individuals most in need of sustained employment. ESquared has an innovative approach to networking with employers who offer non-traditional settings and non-traditional work hours to support participants holistically and meet family needs.
- Service area: Denver metropolitan area
- Contact: Cordelia Randall at ESquaredWorks Program Enrollment
Center For Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides comprehensive employment re-entry programming for justice-involved individuals upon release from incarceration. CEO strives to offer an effective intervention that empowers recently-released Coloradans. CEO's programming provides services for individuals to be self-sufficient and economically stable through skill development, transitional job programming, and full-time employment placement. CEO works with various local agencies to provide wrap-around support services to address family needs and barriers to employment.
- Contact us for potential participant information
How ReHire Colorado benefits businesses
ReHire Colorado combines wage-paying work, job skills training and supportive services to help individuals successfully re-enter the workforce and Colorado businesses connect with high-quality talent. Our mission is to serve as a bridge between local job-seekers and businesses by supporting a skilled workforce that meets the needs of businesses and strengthens the local economy.
Benefits for businesses
Business partners receive an exclusive suite of benefits and resources unique to ReHire Colorado, including:
- One-on-one job matching
- Up to 30 weeks of subsidized labor
- Tax incentive
- Reduced personnel expenses
- Control over benefit costs
- Minimal employment risks
How it works
ReHire understands that every company has different hiring needs, which is why we partner with each organization to fulfill your specific criteria for job postings and hiring events. We identify talent that will fit your culture by placing each candidate through a screening process that includes:
- Background checks
- Skill assessments
- Aptitude testing
Our process allows us to deliver exceptional candidates who bring genuine value to your business.
- Contract portal
- Contact us for business opportunity interest