All children and youth should grow up in a safe, stable and secure family that supports their long-term well-being. Research shows that growing up in a family is essential for all kids, especially those who have experienced abuse or neglect.
The Family First Prevention Services Act (Family First) is a federal law that allows local child welfare agencies to use federal funding to pay for services that keep kids safe, growing up in their families.
Family First provides Colorado the opportunity to:
- Reshape child welfare and provide more proactive services, so more children and teens can grow up with their family.
- Partner with community-based service providers to respond to the individual needs of children, teens and families.
- Provide treatment in a setting that is designed to provide a higher level of care.
For more information about Family First in Colorado visit CO4Kids.org.
- Family First Implementation Team
- Independent Assessment
- Prevention Services
- Forms needed to become a QRTP
- Juvenile Justice