- Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons ranked No. 1 nursing home in Colorado by Newsweek
The Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons was ranked the No. 1 nursing home in Colorado in 2022 by Newsweek. It was also ranked in the top 25 overall in the United States. Learn more about the rankings in this press release.
About the Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons
The Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons serves veterans, veterans' spouses/widows and Gold Star parents. Our mission is to honor and respect those living and working in our home through companionship, empowerment and individualized care while providing a comfortable and safe place to live.
The Colorado State Veterans Home at Fitzsimons is a 180-bed facility providing skilled nursing care and a specialized 21-bed short-term rehabilitation unit. We offer the following services:
- Long-term care: We provide long-term medical and non-medical care, including skilled nursing services, restorative physical, occupational and speech therapy, social activities, and assistance with bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living.
- Alzheimer's care: Individuals with dementia are served with special care throughout our home. We also offer a secure neighborhood designed for individuals with Alzheimer's-type dementia.
- End-of-life/hospice services: We offer comfort-oriented care and family support during this difficult time.
- Short-term rehabilitation: Specialized physical, occupational and speech therapies are available for individuals seeking to return home following a qualifying hospital stay. Therapy specialists work with each individual to regain skills and improve physical strength, endurance and aerobic capacity with the use of modern equipment and computerized Wii-system games in our 1,550-square-foot therapy gym. Cooking and cleaning skills lost to a stroke or illness can be relearned in our therapy room's full-sized kitchen.
- Contact us
Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons
1919 Quentin St.
Aurora, CO 80045
Main Phone Number: 720.857.6400
Tamara Hoehn, Admission and Marketing Coordinator
Staci Brown, Admission Liaison
Nursing Home Interim Administrator
We are conveniently located in the northeast Denver-metro area on the Fitzsimons Medical Campus on the corner of Montview and Peoria Streets.
From Interstate 70:Take Exit 281 and go south on Peoria Street almost two miles. Go left/east on Montview Boulevard one block to Quentin Street.
From East Colfax Avenue: Turn north on Peoria Street. Continue four blocks, then go right/east on Montview Boulevard one block to Quentin Street.
- More information
For information about eligibility, admission, rates and payment, please visit the main Veterans Community Living Centers page.