Contact the Colorado Department of Human Services

Photo of people answering telephone calls on headsets

General contact information

Colorado Department of Human Services
1575 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
Phone 303.866.5700 | Fax 303.866.5563

County contact information

Many of CDHS's programs, benefits and services are administered by county human services departments. Use our clickable map to find county contact information.

Office contact information

Office of Adult, Aging and Disability Services

General inquiries

Phone: 720.737.4909

Adult Protective Services

Disability Determination Services

3190 S. Vaughn Way
Aurora CO, 80014-9833
Phone: 303.368.4100 | Fax: 303.752.5692
Regional Centers

Phone: 303.866.3671

Veterans Community Living Centers

Phone: 303.866.6425

State Unit on Aging


Office of Behavioral Health

General inquiries

Phone: 303.866.7400

Send feedback to

Office of Children, Youth and Families

General inquiries

Phone: 303.866.4119

Division of Child Welfare

Phone: 303.866.5932

Domestic Violence Program

Phone: 303.866.3150

If you are in immediate danger, dial 911. Search for direct assistance locations with the Domestic Violence Assistance Search.

Division of Youth Services

Phone: 303.866.7956

Office of Early Childhood

General inquiries

Phone: 1.800.799.5876
Fax: 303.866.4453

Child resources

Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline: 1.844.264.5437
Child care complaints: 303.866.5958
Child care resource and referral hotline: 1.877.338.2273
Early childhood mental health specialists: 303.866.4393
Early Intervention Colorado: 1.888.777.4041

Child Care Licensing and Administration

Child care appeals:
Child care complaints: 303.866.5958
Early childhood teacher certification: 303.866.4091
Large center director qualifications: 303.866.4088
Early childhood mental health specialists: 303.866.4393

Background Investigations Unit (BIU)

Trails checks: Call 303.866.2266 or email
Criminal Background Check (CBC): Call 303.866.5043 or email 

Office of Economic Security

General inquiries

Phone: 303.866.5368

Food and Energy Assistance

Phone: 800.536.5298
Fax: 303.866.5098
TDD:  303.866.6293

Child Support Services

Use the County Child Support Unit Lookup to find your county's child support contact.

Employment and Benefits

Phone: 800.536.5298

Fax: 303.866.5098


Administrative Solutions

General inquiries

Phone: 303.866.5890

Facility contact information

Mental Health Institutes

Colorado Mental Health Institute at Fort Logan

3520 West Oxford Ave.
Denver, CO 80236

Phone: 303.866.7066 | Fax 303.866.7048

Admissions: 303.866.7031

Medical Records: 303.866.7040

Patient Representative: 303.866.7079


Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo

1600 W.24th St.
Pueblo, CO 81003

Phone: 719.546.4000

Admissions: 719.546.4406

Medical Records: 719.546.4184

Patient Representative: 719.546.4034


Regional Centers

Grand Junction Regional Center
Kodjo Akakpo, Director
270 W. John Powell Blvd.
Pueblo West, CO 81007
Phone: 719.585.4001

Pueblo Regional Center
Debbie Archuleta
270 W. John Powell Blvd.
Pueblo West, CO 81007
Phone: 719.585.4001

Wheat Ridge Regional Center
Dawn Jacobs, Director
10285 Ridge Rd.
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Phone: 303.463.2500


Veterans Community Living Centers

Veterans Community Living Center at Fitzsimons
1919 Quentin St.
Aurora, CO 80045


Bruce McCandless Veterans Community Living Center at Florence
903 Moore Dr.
Florence, CO 81226

Phone: 800.283.2668 or 719.784.6331
Fax: 719.784.5335

Veterans Community Living Center at Homelake
3749 Sherman Ave.
Monte Vista, CO 81144

P.O. Box 97
Homelake, CO 81135

Phone: 888.838.2687 or 719.852.5118
Fax: 719.852.3881

Veterans Community Living Center at Rifle
851 E. 5th St.
Rifle, CO 81650

Phone: 800.828.4580 or 970.625.0842
Fax: 970.625.3706

Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center at Walsenburg
23500 U.S. Hwy. 160
Walsenburg, CO 81089

Phone: 800.645.8387 or 719.738.5000
Fax: 719.738.5138

Youth Services Centers

Click here for Youth Services Client Management Offices and Administrative Support Offices.

Adams Youth Services Center
1933 E. Bridge
Brighton, CO 80601

Phone: 303.659.4450 ext. 210 or 216

Aspire Youth Services Center
2901 Ford St.
Golden, CO 80401

Phone: 303.273.2600

Gilliam Youth Services Center
2844 Downing St.
Denver, CO 80205


Golden Peak Youth Services Center
2901 Ford St.
Golden, CO 80401

Phone: 303.273.2600

Grand Mesa Youth Services Center
360 28 Road
Grand Junction, CO 81501


The Campus at Lookout Mountain
2901 Ford St.
Golden, CO 80401

Phone: 303.273.2600

Marvin W. Foote Youth Services Center
13500 E. Fremont Pl.
Englewood, CO 80112


Mount View Youth Services Center
7862 W. Mansfield Pkwy.
Denver, CO 80235


Platte Valley Youth Services Center
2200 O St.
Greeley, CO 80631


Pueblo Youth Services Center
1406 W. 17th St.
Pueblo, CO 81003

719.546.4915 or 719.546.4940

Spring Creek Youth Services Center
3190 E. Las Vegas
Colorado Springs, CO 80906


Summit Peak Youth Services Center
2901 Ford St.
Golden, CO 80401

Phone: 303.273.2600

Zebulon Pike Youth Services Center
1427 W. Rio Grande
Colorado Springs, CO 80906


View a map of facility locations.


The Colorado Department of Human Services' top priority is to meet the needs of those we serve. We work hard to provide our clients with excellent customer care, and your experience with our team matters. If you have a concern or complaint, we will do our best to assist you. We have a philosophy of attempting to resolve issues at the local level, so reaching out to your county first may result in resolving issues in a more timely manner. However, should you need additional assistance with a concern or complaint, CDHS's Client Services is happy to assist. You can submit a complaint by filling out one of the forms in the expandable sections below, by emailing, or by calling 303.866.3275.

General complaints

General complaints include complaints in the following categories:

  • Office of Behavioral Health
  • Office of Children, Youth and Families
  • Child Support Services
  • Colorado Child Care Assistance Benefits (CCCAP)
  • Domestic Violence Program
  • Office of Early Childhood
  • Foster Care
  • Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
  • Old Age Pension
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Colorado Works (TANF)
  • Veterans Community Living Centers
  • Website accessibility

If your complaint is in one of the areas listed above, please contact Client Services via one of the following methods:

Online: Fill out this form

Phone: 303.866.3275


Child welfare complaints

If you are concerned about a child or youth's safety and well-being, please call the Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 844-CO-4-Kids. Call 9-1-1 if there is an immediate threat.

Child welfare complaints

Please contact your county human services department.

Further assistance

If you have contacted your county regarding your child welfare concern but need further assistance from the state, please fill out this form.

County child welfare complaints

A complaint about Colorado county child welfare practice or a 24-hour facility licensed by the Division of Child Welfare should be sent to CDHS. Fill out this form or contact Client Services:

Appeal a finding

To appeal a finding, please contact CAMDRS at 303.866.4546.

Office of Colorado’s Child Protection Ombudsman

The Office of Colorado’s Child Protection Ombudsman is required by the legislature to serve as an independent state agency that investigates complaints and grievances about child protection services, seek and recommend system improvements and serve as a resource.

Each county has a Citizens Review Panel that provides a forum for grievances concerning the conduct of county department personnel in performing their duties. Further information is available regarding the Citizen Review process at Conflict Resolution Process (C.R.S. 19-3-211).
Complaints involving the courts and the judicial system

Complaints involving the courts and the judicial system should be made to each respective office.  Complaints involving the Guardian Ad Litem, Attorney Special Advocate or Child's Representative should be made to the Colorado Office of the Child's Representative.  Complaints about Respondent Parent Attorneys should be made to the Colorado Office of Respondent Parent Counsel

To report fraud

CDHS is committed to discovering and addressing fraud, waste and abuse. CDHS's jurisdiction encompasses inappropriate activity by internal employees, contractors and grant recipients, which may include counties as well as private businesses and non-profit entities. Click here to report fraud.

Media inquiries

Please direct media inquiries to:

Madlynn Ruble
Deputy Director of Communications

Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) requests

CDHS is committed to transparency and open government. CDHS complies in all respects with the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) and meets all of its constitutional and statutory duties to the people of Colorado in an orderly and expeditious manner. You can submit a CORA request by email or mail:

Colorado Department of Human Services
Attn: CORA manager
1575 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203

Click here to view the current CORA policy for CDHS.

Executive director speaking requests

To invite CDHS Executive Director Michelle Barnes to speak at your event, please fill out this form.