On June 8, 2020, the Colorado Department of Human Services announced its new strategic plan, titled "Better Together." Click here to view and download the plan, as well as an executive summary and a one-page summary.
Based on feedback from thousands of survey responses and discussions with staff, stakeholders and partners, CDHS's strategic plan identified guiding principles and key initiatives that align with our new mission, vision and values. These provide the foundation of what we do, who we serve and who we are. Our goal of empowering Coloradans to thrive through bold and innovative health and human services is ambitious and extensive.
The strategic plan helps focus our efforts by identifying six guiding principles:
- We design and deliver high-quality human services that improve the safety, independence and wellbeing of Coloradans.
- We believe in supporting the whole person, the whole family and the whole community. Our services will be individual- and family-focused, family-driven and community-based.
- As an organization, we do what's right even when it's hard. When we're wrong, we acknowledge the error and learn from it. We foster an environment that allows risk and gives permission to fail.
- We believe in fostering equity so all Coloradans have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We ensure individual human rights and work to eliminate discrimination and stigma.
- Our actions and words will always reflect our beliefs and values.
- We will create and maintain a culture that attracts top talent, improves retention and inspires great work. We believe in a joyous work environment that maintains a culture of learning and excellence.
The plan also identifies four key strategic initiatives:
- A whole-person, whole-family, whole-community approach
- Efficient and effective processes
- Leveraging technology
- Making CDHS a Great Place to Work
These guiding principles and key initiatives outlined in the strategic plan provide direction for CDHS for the next three years. But they also offer each division, office and team the flexibility to approach them in a way that best suits their unique needs, talents and goals.
If you have questions about the strategic plan, please contact Valerie Cassano, CDHS's strategic planning program manager. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 303.866.2278 (w) or 720.557.0674 (c).