IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE: Our Colorado Veterans Community Living Centers are following Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment guidelines for visitation. All visitation requires scheduling ahead of time by calling the facility.
The Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center at Walsenburg is a 120-bed long-term care facility for our country's veterans, their spouses, widows and gold-star parents. Our "Italian Village" themed mall is a central gathering place. Built in 1993 with the attached Spanish Peaks Hospital, the living center offers a bright, modern and comfortable atmosphere with views of the nearby mountains and State Park lakes. A special care unit for Alzheimer's and dementia residents is also available. Our residents enjoy special quiet rooms located on many wings of the building. Like living rooms, these are places to socialize, read or just relax.
The Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center at Walsenburg offers the following benefits and services:
- Semiprivate and private rooms for up to 120 people with floor-to-ceiling views of the Rockies and Lathrop State Park
- VA annual supplement of $23,000 to $41,000 toward the cost of care, improved pension program available for wartime veterans or the widow of a wartime veteran in need of nursing home care
- Physically connected to a critical access hospital (Spanish Peaks Hospital)
- Economical daily rate and an all-inclusive pricing policy that eliminates additional charges.
- Special Care Unit providing services for residents with dementia, Alzheimer's, Huntington's and/or Parkinson's disease
- Hemodialysis on site to meet dialysis needs, owned and operated by Fresenius Medical Care
- More information
For information about eligibility, admission, rates and payment, please visit the main Veterans Community Living Centers page.
- Contact Us
Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center at Walsenburg
23500 U.S. Hwy.160
Walsenburg, CO 81089
Phone:800.645.8387 or 719.738.5000
Director of Marketing
On-Site State Project Officer
Phone: 719.738.5137 |1.800.645.8387
Nursing Home Administrator
We are conveniently located across from Lathrop State Park in Walsenburg.
From the south, go north on Interstate 25 and take Exit 50 (RTE 160). Then go west (left) into Walsenburg. Go left at the first light ((Main Street) then right at the second light (7th Avenue) and travel approximately 3 miles. Our facility is on the left on the Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center campus.
From the north, go south on Interstate 25 and take Exit 52 (RTE 160). Curve right (west), go into town and at the second light (7th Avenue), turn right and travel approximately 3 miles. Our facility is on the left on the Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center campus.