- Important COVID-19 notice for visitors
Colorado's Veterans Community Living Centers are following Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment guidelines for visitation. All visitation requires scheduling ahead of time by calling the facility.
About Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center
Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center is an award-winning veterans nursing home in Huerfano County, Colo., located minutes from Interstate 25 between Pueblo and Trinidad. Our location is truly remarkable, with the mighty plains to the east, a state park literally across the street and majestic mountains surrounding the property.
With 120 long-term care beds, Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center serves veterans, spouses, widows and Gold-Star parents of veterans from all over. Colorado residency is not a requirement for admission and we work closely with families to identify conditions/disabilities that may significantly subsidize the cost of care.
We strive daily to provide exceptional quality of care, delivered with dignity and respect. Our activities program consists of a team of dedicated professionals who host approximately 150 diverse planned activities each month.
It is our honor and privilege to care for our residents and their families and we invite you to learn more at https://www.spvclc.org.
- 24-hour nursing care
- Personalized care plans with routine update meetings
- Diet customization with meal choices and snacks
- Assisted computer use with high-speed Wi-Fi
- DISH cable television access
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Exceptional activities program, offering approximately 150 planned activities each month
- Assistance with dressing, bathing, grooming, feeding, toileting, oxygen therapy, medication management
- Transportation to appointments, shopping and other destinations
- VA remote telehealth counseling
- Radio frequency tracking of personal property via SCANDENT loss prevention system
- Social services department
- Restorative therapy program
- Assignment of veteran service officer for VA benefit assistance
- On-site rehabilitation services (physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and respiratory therapy all available)
- Beauty/hair services at our on-site barber shop/beauty salon
- Dental services
- Vision services (eye exams, eyeglasses, etc.)
- Hearing exams and hearing aids
- Lab and diagnostic imaging services (on-site x-rays, MRI, CT scans and more)
- Mental health services
- On-campus specialist physician services (cardiology, neurology, urology, endocrinology, etc.)
- On-campus dialysis treatment (Fresenius Kidney Care)
- Massage services
- Newspaper delivery
- Semi-private and private rooms
- Hospital bed, clothing cabinet, bedside cabinet with drawers, and hospital bedside table
- Dramatic Mountain View Dining Hall — our prized gathering place, where residents enjoy dining and more, while taking in mountain and lake views
- In-house pharmacy
- Gift shop, stocked with a wide variety of gifts and more
- Barber shop/beauty salon, so residents can look and feel their best
- Library, featuring an assortment of books, games, puzzles and more
- Secure, private outdoor spaces with beautiful mountain views
- Dedicated, fenced garden in memory care unit
- Contact information
Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center
23500 U.S. Hwy.160
Walsenburg, CO 81089
Phone: 800.645.8387 or 719.738.5000
VP of Senior Care/ Assistant Nursing Home Administrator
President and CEO
Kay L. Whitley
We are conveniently located in Huerfano County, on US Highway 160, 3 miles west of I-25 between Pueblo and Trinidad. We’re surrounded by mountains and directly across the highway from Lathrop State Park. We’re less than an hour from Pueblo, Trinidad, Pueblo West, La Junta, La Veta, Cuchara and beyond.
From the south, travel north on Interstate 25 and take Exit 50 (RTE 160). Next, head west (left) into Walsenburg. Go left at the first light ((Main Street) then right at the second light (7th Avenue) and travel approximately 3 miles. Our facility is on the left on the Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center campus.
From the north, go south on Interstate 25 and take Exit 52 (RTE 160). Curve right (west), go into town and at the second light (7th Avenue), turn right and travel approximately 3 miles. Our facility is on the left on the Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center campus.