Welcome to the CDHS County Portal, a one-stop shop for county human services directors and staff to find information quickly. If you have any questions about the portal, please reach out to email@example.com.
- 9/19/23: Counties kick off Colorado Kinnected Kinship Navigator Program
- 8/30/23: Behavioral Health Professionals and Advocates Invited to Help Design New Behavioral Health Services System in Colorado: To respond to the request for information (RFI) and give feedback on the BHASOs framework, visit http://www.colorado.gov/vss, select either Register or Public Access on the left side of the screen, and use the keyword search box to search for “Behavioral Health Administrative Service Organizations RFI”. The RFI is open for responses from August 28 - October 13, 2023 at 12:00PM MST. To stay up to date with BHASO development, visit https://bha.colorado.gov/our-
- 8/28/23: Some stolen SNAP benefits may now be eligible for replacement
County action items
- CDHS County Computer Refresh Program supports county personnel and management with computers and accessories for efficient and effective service delivery. Currently, CDHS and OIT complete three HP Lease County Computer Refresh programs. These refresh programs occur on a three-year cycle. Read more here.
- Sign up for the October Diversity University Training: The CDHS Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) team continues to develop learning and training opportunities for staff and partners. The purpose of Diversity University is to improve the ability of individuals to thrive in an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment. Over the course of two and a half days (synchronous and virtual), we will address poverty, power, privilege, neurodiversity, ableism, and historically marginalized communities. We will examine individual responsibility to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion in your specific work and life. October 18-20, 2023: REGISTER HERE
- PHE Medicaid Unwind Resources: Renewal Website
- County Caseworker Guidance on BHA Community Services
- Q&A TANF 60-Month Extension Changes (HB 22-1259)
- Behavioral Health Administration Community Services High-Level Program Group FAQ
- High Acuity Youth Updates
- CDEC Memo Series
- BHA Stakeholder Engagement Calendar
- Child Welfare Interim Committee landing page
- Worker Safety Resource
- 9/20/23 County Call Recording
- We’ve updated our Acronym list at the request of a few directors. Please let us know if there’s anything missing!
Here are the most recently issued CDHS memos:
- OM-CW-2023-0015 Clarification Regarding Medicaid Eligibility for Tribal Children and Youth
- OM-FEA-2023-0009 Responding to SNAPQA Reviews
- OM-FEA-2023-0008 SNAP Quality Assurance (SNAPQA) Processes and County Responsibilities
- IM-CW-2023-0036 Revisions to Section 7.500 - Resource Development for County Foster Care & Adoption Services
- IM-DEWS-2023-0010 Employment First Launch Party
- IM-CW-2023-0035 Preventive Measures to Protect Young People in Foster Care Under the Age of 18 from Identity Theft
- IM-CW-2023-0034 Training & Technical Assistance for Credit Remediation & Credit Education for Young People in Foster Care
- IM-OES-2023-0001 Administrative Disqualification Hearing (ADH) Waiver Update
- IM-CW-2023-0033 Human Trafficking Task Group
- IM-DEWS-2023-0008 Colorado Works Leavers Survey Findings
- OM-OES-2023-0006 The Office of Economic Security (OES) Designated State Holidays
- IM-CW-2023-0032 Reasonable and Prudent Parent Task Group
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Suicidal thoughts, much like mental health conditions, can affect anyone regardless of age, gender or background. In fact, suicide is often the result of an untreated mental health condition. Suicidal thoughts, although common, should not be considered normal and often indicate more serious issues.
September is Suicide Prevention Month — a time to raise awareness and discuss this highly stigmatized topic. In addition to shifting public perception, we use this month to spread hope and vital information to people affected by suicide. Our goal is ensuring that individuals, friends and families have access to the resources they need to discuss suicide prevention and to seek help. Read more here.