- County director and tribal sovereignty training
County Director and tribal sovereignty training
Community Partnerships would like to share the following training videos that were recorded as part of the 2023 New Director Training:
- Adult Protective Services (APS) (8/23/23) Video recording (36:17 min)
- Audit/Quality Assurance (07/19/23) Video recording (22:13 min)
- Child Support Services, Office of Economic Security (8/21/23) Video recording (38:39 min)
- Division of Child Welfare, Office of Children Youth and Families (7/26/23) Video recording (35:24 min)
- Community Partnerships (6/22/23) Video recording (16:28 min)
- Division of Economic and Workforce Support, Office of Economic Security (7/12/23) Video recording (40:05 min)
- Emergency Management (8/15/23) Video recording (26:56 min)
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) (07/24/23) Video recording (27:06 min)
- Food & Energy Assistance Division (FEAD), Office of Economic Security (07/31/23) Video recording (22:01 min)
- Legislative (8/23/23) Video recording (29:29 min)
- Settlement Accounting (10/8/21) Video recording (17:44 min)
- Tribal Sovereignty training coming in the future.
County Director resources
- Director Resource Guide - document that lists each program, the associated staff, training information, and other program-specific resources.
- Important Deliverable Dates for County Directors
- Required Forms/Signage/Resource Information
- CDHS' commonly used acronyms
- Audit Division
- Office of Adult and Aging Disability Services
- Office of Children, Youth and Family Services
- Division of Child Welfare
- Child First
- Colorado Chafee Program
- Domestic Violence Program
- Fostering Healthy Futures
- Functioning Family Therapy
- Healthy Families America
- Multisystemic Therapy
- Nurse-Family Partnership
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Parents as Teachers
- Tony Grampsas Youth Services
- Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Program
- Division of Child Welfare
- Office of Civil and Forensic Mental Health
- Colorado Commission for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind
- Community Partnerships
- Office of Economic Security
- Division of Youth Services
Other training resources
- Burnout Session for County Directors and Staff - Video recording and Slides 2/9/22
- De-escalating Clients: A training for those with experience in client or customer facing roles who are looking for tips on working with highly escalated individuals. Slides. Please share with your staff and community partners!
- De-escalating Angry Clients training
- Preventing Workplace Violence training module*
- Psychological First Aid: A training on how stress impacts us all and the different tools we can use to manage it. Slides. Brief Handout. PFA Guide.
- Sexual Harassment training cloud module*
* Note: viewing the Preventing Workplace Violence training module and/or the Sexual Harassment training cloud module does not constitute an employment contract with the state of Colorado
- Trauma-informed Resources for Counties
Google training recordings/resources
- General Google Training RECORDING (8.19.22)
- General Google Training RECORDING (9.30.22)
- Google Drive Foundations Training RECORDING
- Google Drive Foundations Slide Deck - For Counties
- Google Workspace YouTube Channel - On-demand short videos
- Google Training Center - Curated by Google, this website has tips and tricks for switching from Microsoft to Google.
HP Lease County Hardware Refresh Programs
These refresh programs occur on a three-year cycle, as the standard HP lease lasts three years.
If you have any questions regarding county director training, please contact:
If you have any questions regarding Tribal and Sovereignty training, please contact:
Phil Gover, Tribal Affairs Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Development Division
About the Division
The Staff Development Division (SDD) exists to provide a complete training for eligibility specialists who work with families seeking public assistance (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, CHP+, and Colorado Works). The Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS) is used to determine eligibility for these public assistance programs. The SDD is the training connection between the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS), the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF), and the Governor's Office of Information Technology (OIT) to the 64 county Departments of Social/Human Services, and Medical Assistance (MA) sites throughout Colorado. The Staff Development Division is responsible for the oversight and training implementation for all assistance programs housed within the CBMS automated system. The following training programs can also be found here.
CBMS Access - The state of Colorado Departments of Human Services, Health Care Policy and Financing, and the Governor’s Office of Information Technology are responsible for ensuring that comprehensive training is provided for staff, including contract staff, getting access to and/or updating the CBMS Production Environment. Due to the sensitivity of information in CBMS and the functionality that allows benefits and services to be issued to Coloradoans, users must receive training prior to accessing or updating the CBMS Production Environment. The CBMS Access training is the first training component. Additional training courses may be required depending on the user’s role and level of CBMS access. Read more here.
CBMS Build Training - Our Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS) is always improving. Each CBMS Build targets issues and improvements you need to know about. Read more about the support guides for recent CBMS Builds provided by your Staff Development Division (SDD) here. CBMS training requirements can be found here.
The Document Library is a public facing website where all training desk aids and materials can be located. Click here to navigate to the website to view all the materials available for eligibility workers.
COLearn is the Learning Management System (LMS) used to access the Health Care and Economic Security Staff Development Division’s instructor led and web based training. Read more logging in to the CO.Learn LMS, CO.Learn Q&A, and CO.Train Records, and training plans here.
For assistance with training, please email:
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Training Modules
- Diversity University - virtual 2.5 day session. Certificate upon completion.
- The Importance of Pronouns
- Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity
Tools & Resources
Training and resources