Staff Development Center
Colorado's Health Care and Economic Security Staff Development Center (SDC) provides training to staff working with families who are accessing medical and other types of public assistance, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, CHP+, Aging and Adult Services, and Colorado Works (also know as TANF).
The SDC is the training connection between CDHS, the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing and the Governor’s Office of Information Technology to the 64 county departments of social/human services, as well as medical assistance, presumptive eligibility and certified application assistance sites for Medicaid/CHP+ throughout Colorado.
The SDC is tasked with identifying essential training needs and establishing, facilitating and maintaining integrated competency-based training curricula while continually evaluating results. The following training programs can also be found here.
- CBMS Access - The state of Colorado Departments of Human Services, Health Care Policy and Financing, and the Governor’s Office of Information Technology are responsible for ensuring that comprehensive training is provided for staff, including contract staff, getting access to and/or updating the CBMS Production Environment. Due to the sensitivity of information in CBMS and the functionality that allows benefits and services to be issued to Coloradoans, users must receive training prior to accessing or updating the CBMS Production Environment. The CBMS Access training is the first training component. Additional training courses may be required depending on the user’s role and level of CBMS access. Read more here.
- CBMS Build Training - Our Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS) is always improving. Each CBMS Build targets issues and improvements you need to know about. Read more about the support guides for recent CBMS Builds provided by your Staff Development Center (SDC) here. CBMS training requirements can be found here.
- The Document Library provided by SDC can be found here.
- COLearn is the Learning Management System (LMS) used to access the Health Care and Economic Security Staff Development Center’s instructor led and web based training. Read more logging in to the CO.Learn LMS, CO.Learn Q&A, and CO.Train Records, and training plans here.
- Read about training locations, facility, and weather information here.
- Transformation Phase II - Information about the Phase II VILT Facilitator Guides can be found here.
- Training Plans for New Eligibility Workers and MA Site Workers can be found here.
New director and tribal sovereignty training
The new directors and tribal sovereignty training is in the process of being developed. Stay tuned for more information!