The Colorado Department of Human Services oversees three Regional Centers serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who have intensive needs. The centers are located in Grand Junction, Pueblo and Wheat Ridge, and operate a total of 44 group homes.
- Treatment models used to serve residents
The Regional Centers serve residents within three treatment models:
- Short-term treatment and stabilization: Individuals are admitted for short-term services and have acute needs that cannot be met in the community. Individuals in this program are stabilized and transitioned to a less restrictive environment, within the community, once they have met transition criteria.
- Intensive treatment program: This program provides treatment for individuals who demonstrate problematic sexual behavior who have not responded to supervision and treatment in the community. Individuals in this program receive treatment and transition back to the community once they meet transition criteria.
- Long-term habilitation: Individuals are no longer admitted into this program. The Regional Centers have residents in the long-term habilitation model. As individuals are stabilized, they are transitioned to a less restrictive environment in the community.
- Services available to residents
The Regional Centers offer a variety of services to residents including:
- Residential care
- Health services
- Psychology services
- Therapeutic recreation and community therapy
- Speech/language therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy and adaptive equipment services
- Case management and social work services
- Day program
- Information about admissions
For information regarding admissions, please contact:
Jodi Merrill Brandt, Regional Centers Community Services Director
- Parent/guardian/advocate meetings
Grand Junction Regional Center
Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month. Please call Grand Junction Regional Center at 970.245.2100 for exact time and location.
Pueblo Regional Center
Meetings are on the second Tuesday of each month. Please call Pueblo Regional Center at 719.585.4001 for exact time and location.
Wheat Ridge Regional Center
Meetings are on the third Wednesday of each month. Please call Wheat Ridge Regional Center at 303.463.2500 for exact time and location.