House Bill 21-1094 Foster Youth in Transition Program was signed into law on June 25, 2021, and is effective immediately. Part of the bill creates the Foster Youth Successful Transition to Adulthood grant program, which requires the implementation of an advisory committee. The state department shall convene an advisory board to review the state grant program and provide recommendations to the state department on the following items:
- Implementation of the state grant program;
- Funding models and allocation methodologies, including consultation with the advisory board before the state department allocates funding received through the federal John H. Chafee Foster Care Program for Successful Transition to Adulthood (42 U.S.C. Sec. 677) for the grant program;
- Content for grant program applications; and
- Scoring methodology for grant program application review.
- Agendas and Minutes
Name Organization/program Role Kuiana Askew Project Foster Power Youth with Chafee experience Derek Blake CDHS Chafee administrator Kippi Clausen Rural Collaborative RHY director or designee Courtney Dougherty El Paso County DHS CW director or designee TBD CDHE designee Clayton Gonzales Urban Peak RHY director or designee Kristina Harris Youth with Chafee experience Carie Harrison Oak Tree Resources RHY director or designee Shawna Kemppainen The Place RHY director or designee Rachel Levy-Culler CASA NA Heather Powell Denver County DHS CW director or designee Michael "Mick" Stumph Fremont County DHS CW director or designee Lee Wheeler-Berliner CDLE CDLE designee Alisiana Medina DIRFC Youth with Chafee experience
- HB 21-1094 Youth in Transition Program Bill