Find the following solicitations on the Vendor Self Service Portal (VSS). For portal help, contact the help desk at 303.866.6464 or VSSHelp@state.co.us. The Colorado VSS Help Desk is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (MST).
- Sex Offender Treatment Services: This Request for Proposal (#202100301) solicits contractors willing and able to provide sex offender treatment services for adults and juveniles involved in the criminal justice or juvenile justice system. This can be in an outpatient setting within, or near, the community in which they reside or in other settings, including inpatient or correctional. The RFP closes on Dec. 31.
- Gambling Prevention, Treatment, Education and Development: This Documented Quote (#2022000374) seeks a contractor to provide prevention, education, treatment, and workforce development by, and including the payment of salaries of, counselors certified in the treatment of gambling disorders. This DQ closes on Jan. 10.
- Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness: This Request for Proposal (#2022000162) seeks a contractor to provide services such as outreach, case management and other services that are not supported by mainstream mental health programs for individuals with serious mental illness and/or co-occurring disabilities who are experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of becoming homeless. The RFP closes Jan. 11.
- Behavioral Health Workforce Training: This Request for Proposal (# 2022000173) seeks to provide multiple awards to entities with the ability to provide training to the existing behavioral healthcare workforce to be certified in federally reimbursed services. Awardees will be required to demonstrate increased capacity in servicing children, youth, and families with complex or severe behavioral health needs. The RFP closes on Jan. 21.
- Outpatient Restoration/Forensic Services: This Request for Proposal (#2020000053) solicits contractors willing and able to expand state restoration services for adults and juveniles involved in the criminal justice or juvenile justice system. This can be in an outpatient setting within, or near, the community in which they reside or restoration services in other settings, including inpatient or correctional. The RFP will close on June 30, 2022.
Ways to Stay Informed
- Sign up to receive the Office of Behavioral Health newsletter.
- Reach out to your local Managed Service Organization, which will be releasing grant funding opportunities. There are four in the state: Diversus Health, Mental Health Partners, Signal Behavioral Health Network, and West Slope Casa. Identify a contact at the organization and make sure they know about your work.
- Once you have identified a grant opportunity, reach out to the Consortium’s grant writing assistance program to assess if you may be eligible for assistance from a grant writer.
Behavioral Health Service Gap Analyses
The following background documents are intended to help entities as they work on their funding proposals.
- 2020 Behavioral Health Needs Assessment
- Behavioral Health in Colorado: Putting People First (A Blueprint for Reform)
- Senate Bill 19-222: Comprehensive Plan to Strengthen and Expand the Behavioral Health Safety Net System
- Colorado's Statewide Strategic Plan for Primary Prevention of Substance Abuse: 2019-2024
- Colorado's Statewide Strategic Plan for Substance Use Disorder Recovery: 2020-2025
- Maternal Mortality in Colorado 2014-2016 (published July 2020)
- Part One: Prenatal Substance Use and Improving Family Health
- 2021-2025 Colorado Maternal & Child Health Needs Assessment
- Postpartum Behavioral Health in Colorado (February 2021)